Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hitting the Road (Me and the Crazy GPS Lady)

Sad to say today is a big driving day.  I'm leaving New England and driving to Maryland.  I have about a 9-10 hour drive to make today (biggest driving day so far) and I can't seem to leave this lovely Motel 6 room and motivate myself to head toward home!

I have a nice Book on CD to finish--i found that I could only listen to it when i was on the interestate.  When driving on the backroads I seemed to miss large chunks of the plot and kept having to go back and hear it again.  So today is the day.  The only interstate driving-only day I have had. 

I have been getting along OK with the gps.  She and I had our moments in the beginning and it was rather touch and go.  We just couldn't seem to ever be on the same page and I guess she didn't grasp the fact that I was, in fact, in control.  Once we got to New York I thought we were almost to the point where she was nearly reading my mind - but, alas, I found this to only be temporary.  Now I think she is just being bossy - I'm like a teenage girl and her mother - always trying to find some new way to get somewhere even when the mom clearly states she thinks the best way is one certain way.  And I secretly I enjoy openly defying her from time to time and finding some random road I found on a the old fashioned paper maps (weh?) and seeing just how pissed off she gets.  Take that funny talking technology lady.

I need to get back to human contact.  Clearly I'm losing my mind.

3 comments:

DV said...

Ha, I hate the gps lady and when she says, "recalculating"...urgh! Gal, I don't know how you've spent so much time alone. I went to KY lake for two days by myself for work...anyway, it was soo weird being alone and in the middle of nowhere. It was like my brain/life was in slow motion.

Natasha said...

Ours is British..which makes her sound even more pretentious.

My Family said...

I finally logged on and remembered to add me to your blog! Yay!!! I'll post more comments for you...LOVE the photos...awesome. I love you!