Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Brittany and the Big Burp of Society

What the hell is wrong with our culture? I was sitting at my computer this reading CNN.com as I usually do while I drink coffee and pretend to be working in the mornings when I see in the top news stories that Brittany spears burps and talks stupid shit on a home video clip. This is on the breaking news clips. Everyone is going nuts about this video. People are in shock. NEWS BULLETIN: Brittany Spears is kinda dumb. I know some of you might think this news shocking. Leave the idiot woman alone, people! She has not become famous for her scholarly nature or her ladylike manners. She has become famous for being blonde, half naked with an acceptable singing voice and "daring" dance moves. And besides, who doesn't believe you can time travel in a Delorean fueled by a head of cabbage. Hello? Give her a break now. I think people just miss her half naked music videos. But relax big fans - I hear she is back in the studios recording.
I just can't believe that this made it as one of the top news stories on CNN. I fear I'm going to have to switch to the conservative based Fox News (as much as I hate it - they don't have quite as much crap on their site). The problem is that when I start reading the news - I get distracted by all the bs articles on celebrity woes - that I forget to read the actual news. I'm becoming one of them - the superstar obsessed American who wants to know all the intimate details of every big star out there. Our role models have become rich, outspoken, and fame obsessed dumb asses that surround the world of Hollywood. Why?Why?Why?

No comments: