Tuesday, October 17, 2006

For only One Thousand Dollars....

Today me and one my co-workers were looking up topsoil for sale online and we found this website that had a little bit of everything for sale.

We were cruising through the pics of pets and came across this sphinx for sale for a thousand bucks (not the same as the photo to the left - but just as hideously ugly).

Why would someone pay $1000 for a wrinklied, raw, rat-like looking creature that looks like this? It reminds me of my dog when I first found her on the side of the road - all mangy, pink and full of scabs. I paid $700 to make her not look like that anymore...

It kinda makes me uncomfortable, like that feeling you get when looking at your friend's newborn baby - who isn't very cute, but you have to pretend it is. It makes me want to sew a tiny little fur coat so that it won't be embarrased in front of his animal friends. He actually looks like Mr. Furley from Three's Company. Wait, he's starting to grow on me.... Ew. Just goes to show you money really doesn't buy good taste.

People never cease to amaze me.

No comments: