Friday, June 16, 2006

The Package

So I arrived at my desk this morning and found a box waiting in my chair. Expecting a huge stack of reports from one of my contractors - I picked it up to toss it to the side of my cubicle with all the other reports and noticed the box weighed no more then a half a pound. The outside of the box indicated that the package indeed came from the contractor. Curious as to what it could be, I quickly opened it up to find one used, slightly stretched, stained white t-shirt.

Turns out the post-office somehow managed to damage the package and lose the reports. As a consolation prize - someone apparently took off their dirty t-shirt and sent it to me to comfort my loss. I've never seen anything so completely random in my life. Somewhere someone is opening up a package, expecting to find their favorite nasty shirt and will, instead, receive a stack of somewhat confidential and intensely boring archaeological survey reports.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I just read all of your posts! We are so much alike, why is that we haven't hung out more over the many, many years?? I think you should pretend the scary shirt from the post office is from Slater!

RockGirl said...

Its never too late to start hanging out!!